So you want to install the community version or test the appliance, and give it a try with a files system ? This page is made for you:
Install Datafari on Debian
- Debian7 or higher Environment 64 bits (a Docker image is available if you are on Windows environment)
- Recommended version is Debian 8 (if you are on Debian 7 you will need to add the testing repo in /etc/apt/sources.list)
- Processor : Minimum 1GHZ, recommended 2+GHz Quad Core
- RAM : Min 8GB, recommended 16GB
- Ports 8080, 5432, 9200, 5601 are opened
- Debian environment : requires curl, debconf, unzip, sudo, libc6-dev, jq, lsof
Datafari needs Python v 2.7.x. !! If you have only Python v3, please install Python2 (for Ubuntu 16.04 for example, install the package python-minimal)
How to install and start Datafari :
You can build the Debian installer with the ant script Datafari/debian7/build.xml. You can download Debian installer and Docker image from www.datafari.com.
- Install Datafari : # dpkg -i datafari.deb
- Start Datafari with a non root user: # cd /opt/datafari/bin # bash start-datafari.sh
- Stop Datafari : # cd /opt/datafari/bin # bash stop-datafari.sh
You can find video tutorials on how to install and start Datafari from the installer (Warning: the videos are for version 3.1) :
- Debian :
If you want to use the jcifs connector in ManifoldCF:
- download jcifs-1.3.xx.jar from http://jcifs.samba.org/src/ to DATAFARI_SOURCE_DIR\mcf\mcf_home\connector-lib-proprietary
- Then edit the file Datafari/mcf/mcf_home/connectors.xml and uncomment the line : <!--repositoryconnector name="Windows shares" class="org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector"/-->
- And restart Datafari
You have to configure your Repository connector and job to add documents to Datafari. You can find a video tutorial on how to index local file share here (Warning: the videos are for version 3.1) : https://youtu.be/8L0A6SKWXP0?t=3m8s
You can find documentation on how to create connectors and jobs here : https://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/release-2.6/en_US/end-user-documentation.html
For Datafari testing, you can use our public demo site : http://demo.datafari.com
It is very convenient because you can test it within a few seconds.
But if you want to test Datafari on a Virtual Machine, you can now use our appliance. You can download it here : http://www.datafari.com/files/appliance/datafari.ova The file is in OVA so you can test it either on VMWare or VirtualBox for example.
Just import it on your favorite application and use it !
The default user is datafari, password : loglog
NB : the keyboard input is by default in English. You can change it by clicking on the EN menu in the upper right corner :
To launch the installation Datafari when the VM is started :
launch the terminal
And enter :
That's it !
When the installation is done, some files will be indexed in Datafari (there are located in /home/datafari/exampledocs). You can of course index your own data instead.
To access Datafari, open Firefox and go to http://localhost:8080/Datafari
Enjoy Datafari !